2007 D40 Windscreen Replaced, Wipers now not working.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bek

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2007 D40 had a big problem with flaking paint and was starting to rust around the windscreen. I just recently decided to book it into a crash repairer to have the rust fixed and the roof and windscreen stripped back and repainted. As part of the repair process, the windscreen was removed, and replaced with a new windscreen. My windscreen wipers now do not work, and there was no problem before. any ideas if this might be related to having the windscreen replaced? Or just a random coincidence? I would have though a 2007 model would be too old to have rain sensors or anything that would cause this?

There's certainly no rain sensor, especially if yours is an Australian model (Euro models had climate control and other nice things that we peasants from Down Under didn't deserve).

You might check fuses (inside, open the glove box and pull the panel out to check). There'll be a relay in the engine bay that manages them too, and the wiper motor may have been unplugged, but at that point I'd be asking the repairer to look at it.

Thanks for your reply Tony. Yep, I’m in Australia It’s VIN starts with VSK, so from what I’ve read that would make it a Spain built one. I’m beginning to wonder if the wipers might have been removed and maybe not put back on properly. If I manually move them part way up the windscreen, when I turn the ignition on, they will go down to the bottom of the screen on their own… but they won’t go up (on any wiper setting). It’s got me rather puzzled.

Manually move them? I was sure that couldn't be done, I wonder if the splines have been stripped! Don't operate them any more until you've had someone take a look at it. Give us an idea of your vague location, maybe someone else on the forum will be within cooee and willing to meet up and take a squiz?

The windscreen installer came back. They figured it out pretty quick. They had simply not tightened some bolts back up. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back