2006 ZD30 D22 - Steering box/rack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny-DO

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Got quite a bit of steering play with my 2006 D22. Took it to the service and they say it is within limits but it is way more than the accepted 35mm so I am looking to replace the steering box.
It is enough play to make the car slowly and lightly veer left to right so I definitely need to do something.

I can't find any new replacement parts, I only found a wrecker part from a car with 160k @ $350 AUD but I would prefer something newer...
Anyone did this before? Any compatible Aftermarket parts? or maybe rebuild kits? I need some help....

my d22 1998 has steering box with pitman arm, its got adjuster on top. which i have adjusted. while rockin steering wheel input shaft will be moving pitman arm will be still(make sure knuckle joiner on shaft is not worn) If there appears to be no slop there look else where.. to adjust, mark the adjuster screw to body, hold in place loosen lock nut and screw adjuster clockwise ,have some one rock steering wheel, you should see play dissapearing. Dont lock steering, a minute free play is what to aim for, test by travellin forward in full lock it should quickly return to centre. even at fairly low speed.

my d22 1998 has steering box with pitman arm, its got adjuster on top. which i have adjusted. while rockin steering wheel input shaft will be moving pitman arm will be still(make sure knuckle joiner on shaft is not worn) If there appears to be no slop there look else where.. to adjust, mark the adjuster screw to body, hold in place loosen lock nut and screw adjuster clockwise ,have some one rock steering wheel, you should see play dissapearing. Dont lock steering, a minute free play is what to aim for, test by travellin forward in full lock it should quickly return to centre. even at fairly low speed.

When I move the steering wheel the column moves with it but there is not movement beyond the steering box. I'll have to have a look at this adjustment nut.
Are these things prone to fail? I personally did not hear of a lot of issues around these parts...

Latest posts

Back