2004 D22 Navara 3L disel not starting after running out of fuel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detrix

Reaction score
I was running low on fuel and on my way to a fuel pump when the car just died. I was lucky enough to be a street away from my house. I went and bought 5 l of diesel poured it in and no luck. I went and bought 5 more and filler her up but still wouldn't start. Engine was cranking but wouldn't start. Waited till next day as it was too dark. Went straight to the manual pump and pumped it quite a few times and still no luck. Now the engines struggling to crank. Any idea of what I should do to get her back running. Been running fine all along and this happens ( my fault for not feeling up earlier ) any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Once you have recharged your battery you will need to loosen one of the injector lines until you get fuel from it when cranking
But you may have blocked your fuel filter too if you sucked up some mucky shit from the bottom of the tank

by mem there is enough space to get at injector no1 and slightly loosen its fuel line. no need to take it off.
they tend to air lock when they are run out of fuel.
also keep foot to the floor when starting.

I tried eveything and still no luck. I am going to get one of the starting sprays and give that a try. Fuel comes perfectly fine when pumping and I’ve tightened up eveything and still no luck. I stopped after 3 tries as I dint want it to suck more air up if that’s the case.

Put 20 litres of fuel in the tank and have a friend continuously pump the primer while cranking it over.

try "engine start" spray.
its possible it not starting because the ecu in the pump has fried. fuel does the cooling for the injection pump, when you run low the fuel temp goes way up.

try "engine start" spray.
its possible it not starting because the ecu in the pump has fried. fuel does the cooling for the injection pump, when you run low the fuel temp goes way up.
Heyo I just happen to get one of the start ya bastard spray and sprayed it a few times and cranked her up and she’s running all fine now. Thank you for your help and al others with thr advice and help. Thanks a lot

Back