2004 d22 2wd fs5r30a bearing noise in 4th and 5th?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austingtir

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this before?

I get a almost hard to hear bearing noise when I load the box up in 4th and 5th. Slight marbly type rattle/rumble only when the engine is lugged in those gears at town speeds around 50-70kph above that you cant hear it. Cant hear anything in any other gear and it shifts fine and has 245,000kms on it.

I think its due to me towing at 120kph+ on 300km type trips towing a car trailer a few times... not sure if that should of caused it or not but probably was pushing things a bit?

It was really noticeable on inner city smooth streets towing a trailer but since I noticed this noise i have stopped towing with it and sourced a second hand box for next to nothing to rebuild.

Just it throws me off because I was driving it today in town and I can only hear it sometimes.... It just puts me off towing with it which is a pain. I want to be sure I can trust it if I go on a decent trip somewhere.

My navara is modified with bigger turbo and 3" exhaust so it certainly can put a bit more stress on the box than most 2wd yd25 powered navara's could.

Im just not sure what to expect these boxes to take when towing maybe I found the limit?

I see the rebuild kits out of the states and the pricing is nice just they have a few different part numbers anybody clued up on which ones are applicable? Prices out of the states are significantly better than here in NZ or Aus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back