2" Lift kit options for 2019 NP300

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chodecz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a 2" lift kit.

There's cheap basic option or full kit options which is 5x more in price. I've attached photos of both.

What are the benefits of spending 5x more?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025-212846.png
    Screenshot_20201025-212846.png
    815.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20201025-212759.png
    Screenshot_20201025-212759.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
The cheap version just uses existing struts, but pushes them away from the vehicle a bit. You get the same wheel travel, spring rate and damping with but more ground clearance.

Replace the strut with a purpose built longer version. You get to use the extra travel available unlike the cheap version.

Thanks for the reply.

I won't be doing offroading, so maybe the cheap option is fine?

^ I would have to agree with this. Lifting the vehicle raises its centre of gravity which makes it less stable in corners. It also reduces the number of car parks you can enter (my car requires 2.15m clearance to enter, although I do have a roof basket on top these days).

Maybe he just wants the lift for aesthetic purposes,
Maybe do that myself 😁

Attachments

• 6D291D22-9C10-45D2-8ADC-52EC839FBD00.jpeg
    6D291D22-9C10-45D2-8ADC-52EC839FBD00.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
If it’s only for on road use, for looks, get the full kit. The springs will be better suited to the extra height and body roll.

I recently purchased a 2” lift for my D40 (yes, will off road). Budget tight, got the spacers not the full kit.

I looked into legalities before pulling the trigger and from what I can see, the strut top spacers are legal as are lift blocks for the rear diff. Extension shackles for rear leaves are def not legal.

Max legal lift without engineering is 50mm (in NSW), but can add a little more (25mm?) with bigger tyres. Any more and you need engineering.

If it’s only for on road use, for looks, get the full kit. The springs will be better suited to the extra height and body roll.

I recently purchased a 2” lift for my D40 (yes, will off road). Budget tight, got the spacers not the full kit.

I looked into legalities before pulling the trigger and from what I can see, the strut top spacers are legal as are lift blocks for the rear diff. Extension shackles for rear leaves are def not legal.

Max legal lift without engineering is 50mm (in NSW), but can add a little more (25mm?) with bigger tyres. Any more and you need engineering.
So you went the cheaper option yeah?

Any regrets? How does it drive on road compared to before?

I won't be doing any off roading, so the cheap option seems more cost effective for my needs?

Obviously if I read that it's gonna handle like sh@t and illegal, then I'll go full kit!

I won't be doing any off roading, so the cheap option seems more cost effective for my needs?

Obviously if I read that it's gonna handle like sh@t and illegal, then I'll go full kit!

This guy had the cheap setup on , then put on the expensive one on , don’t think he said anything derogatory about the cheap setup , he just wanted better for off-roading

I just Googled & read the rules re lifting. They're pretty much the same for every state.

In summary; "Vehicle ride height cannot be raised by spacer blocks mounted above or below the coils spring or mounted between the top of the suspension strut and vehicle body"

I just Googled & read the rules re lifting. They're pretty much the same for every state.

In summary; "Vehicle ride height cannot be raised by spacer blocks mounted above or below the coils spring or mounted between the top of the suspension strut and vehicle body"
I’ve been re-reading the rules (for NSW) and can’t find reference to strut spacers being illegal. Rear blocks, for leaf springs appear to be legal. From what I’ve read it isn’t specifically illegal, but as long as the lift doesn’t reduce travel to the bump stops beyond the limits it’s ok.

Can you provide a link that says what you quote above? I’m happy to stand corrected, and if I do install the spacers would like to know if they are illegal.

H

Haven’t installed mine yet. Got other issues to sort out first now too. Seems to be low on power, maybe a boost leak or something.

Latest posts

Back