2 inch extended coils and shocks with 2 inch spacer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I've had a read on here, the UK forum and on the net to find out if it's possible to fit 2 inch extended coils and shocks with a 2 inch spacer on top.

I currently have the 2 inch coil spacers and 2 inch body lift fitted and looking for more lift and clearance as it still scrubs when it's flexing/articulating.

Could I get away without a diff drop bracket and adjustable UCAs or is there something else I can do?

With being in the UK, shipping and import charges are insane prices.

Cheers guys 🤘🏼

Man that's a lot of lift. Do you really need more? As for the spacers are they strut or coil spacers. Without adjustable UCA's wheel alignment will be wildly out. With that sort of lift there is not much more you can do without aftermarket UCA's.

What actually scrubs? Your tires or is it your stock UCA smacking the coil bucket?

They are strut spacers. I have cut out as much as possible from the arch liners, inner bumper and over fenders to fit the tyres on and they still catch inside the arches. I have ET5 offset wheels and 50mm wheel spacers too and it still catches.

Would I need diff drop bracket and extended brake lines along with the adjustable UCAs?

Part of our problem is that lifts that big are illegal in Australia (we can go max 50mm of combined body+chassis lift plus 25mm lift through change of tyre (50mm larger diameter).

Of course, that doesn't stop people doing it, but there's not a lot of information about it here.

Have you tried nissan-navara.net, which I believe has a large membership base in the UK?

I have tried on there yes. Lifts are not as popular in uk as in Aus. From what I can make out its you guys that make the diff drop brackets and adjustable UCAs and most of the extended suspension.

I suppose where I'm at now is I need the adjustable UCAs but hopefully not the diff drop bracket 🤞🏼

I had that setup on my D40, apart from the rear coil setup on the D23's, the front suspension is the same.

If you are not doing any offroad at all, you can run that setup and use extended upper ball joints to help with the factory control arm to coil bucket contact.

If you plan on going offroad, it's advisable to not put spacers in, or fit adjustable aftermarket upper control arms. The other problem is the lack of alignment you will have without adjustable UCA's.

So basically, if i were you, offroad or not if you are going to run spacers, get adjustable UCA's.

I had that setup on my D40, apart from the rear coil setup on the D23's, the front suspension is the same.

If you are not doing any offroad at all, you can run that setup and use extended upper ball joints to help with the factory control arm to coil bucket contact.

If you plan on going offroad, it's advisable to not put spacers in, or fit adjustable aftermarket upper control arms. The other problem is the lack of alignment you will have without adjustable UCA's.

So basically, if i were you, offroad or not if you are going to run spacers, get adjustable UCA's.
Thanks, that's the kind of reply I was after. To be honest, my truck is a pavement princess, the off road that I do is dirt trails and grassy paths, not real off roading.

Just need to find a supplier that can ship to the UK now. The new shocks and coils are around £800 and I think the adjustable UCAs shipped would work out at around £350. It might be worth giving the extended ball joints a shot

Would the alignment be way out if using extended ball joints but no adjustable UCAs? What about trailing arms and adjustable panhard rod, would I need those too?

Trying to wrap my head around lifting the truck is a nightmare 😂

Last edited:
Yeah the upper ball joints don't really do anything for alignment. They literally just take care of the factory UCA to coil bucket contact (when you lift your front end, the factory UCA will drop lower and lower the higher you go, eventually it smacks against the coil bucket as it goes up and down over bumps etc).

For alignment purposes, you will 100% need adjustable UCA's.

All in all, you will be fine to run that suspension setup if it's purely a pavement basher, just take it easy over speed bumps on the road etc. But for alignment, you will definitely need the adjustable UCA's.

I never put them on and the tyre place couldn't get the alignment back to factory spec no matter how much they tried.

Yeah the upper ball joints don't really do anything for alignment. They literally just take care of the factory UCA to coil bucket contact (when you lift your front end, the factory UCA will drop lower and lower the higher you go, eventually it smacks against the coil bucket as it goes up and down over bumps etc).

All in all, you will be fine to run that suspension setup if it's purely a pavement basher, just take it easy over speed bumps on the road etc. But for alignment, you will definitely need the adjustable UCA's.

I never put them on and the tyre place couldn't get the alignment back to factory spec no matter how much they tried.
Adjustable UCAs are the way forward then. I'm trying to research more and the more I look the more I need. With a lift that height, it looks like I'll need an adjustable panhard rod and extended trailing arms to compe8. This extra 2 inches looks like it will cost a few grand. It just seems too much money for that height of lift.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply and explain 🤘🏼

You don't HAVE to do them, but your tyres will wear unevenly, and the handling will be crap and pulling to the left or right onroad, so my advice is based on the assumption you want lift, but the tyre wear to be even and your steering / handling to be very good still.

If you want adjustable UCA's buy from the US. It ends up cheaper (not sure on the UK exchange rate at the moment though). It's a lot of coin for lift if you aren't doing the work yourself.

I did all of mine at home myself so saved a tonne of money on labour etc.

For that additional clearance between UCA and the coil bucket I'm thinking about install this aftermarket ball joint 58.25US $ 21% de DESCUENTO|Junta de bola engrasable superior extendida de 25mm para Navara D40 /NP300 4WD 2005 ++|Juntas de rótula| - AliExpress Do you think will move the UCA up gaining in this way some clearance? My NP300 is only 2'' lifted but I see there is some contact on full extension

Latest posts

Back