17x8 or 18x8 wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14 panda

Reaction score
I was just pondering over a thought as i need a new set of tyres. I was thinking or upgrading wheel size to a 17x8 or even a 18x8 with an ATZ tyre, anyone put bigger wheels on their D22 before?

its quite common to have the larger diameter wheels on the navaras eg; 33,s etc. you should check on prices first as i would say the 18 inch would be more expensive than the 17,s . you can match a 17 inch to equal an 18 inch with the right profile. check out the rim prices too.

its quite common to have the larger diameter wheels on the navaras eg; 33,s etc. you should check on prices first as i would say the 18 inch would be more expensive than the 17,s . you can match a 17 inch to equal an 18 inch with the right profile. check out the rim prices too.

Mate NO WAY are you going to get a 17 or 18 inch rim and ATZ tyre on a D22, and DER an 18 inch is always more pricey than a 17 inch.!

Cost and OD become factors if thats the look you're going for. As mentioned, everytime you go up an inch taller in wheel size, prices for (good) tyres go up by rapist amounts. Not to mention there isnt much point going bigger wheel/lower profile tyre when the inherent boat-like nature of the 4x4 will pretty much negate any on road handling advantage, and wont be quite as good off-road either- unless you're just going for the "look" of course.
Out of curiosity i had a look at the MT website; there are some pretty cool sizes up above 16". http://www.mickeythompsontires.com.au/our-range/Baja-Radial-ATZP3
Most of them end up being 33" or taller but not all.

Just out of curiosity again i looked up the maxxis 980 size chart, yep sunday morning having a coffee, wasting time on the google machine - If you went a different brand you would have better size options. I can vouch for these Maxxis tyres for one - they outperform the Cooper Maxx that i had in every aspect and should be a fair wack less expensive than Mickey's. Much better selection of lower profile sizes for bigger wheels too.
http://maxxistyres.com.au/product/at980-bravo/

I am looking at a set of 18x8 steel rims with highway tyres in the equivalent of 265/70R16, I think it was a 265/60R18. Forget what car they were off, maybe a Ranger.

They were reasonably priced, right offset, and figured they'd be a much nicer setup for when I did the occasional long hwy drives from Coffs to Sydney or Brissy I do regularly, and be a crapload better on fuel consumption compared to my M/T 265/75R16's

Latest posts

Back