17” AT Tyre recommendations please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris C

Reaction score
Hi all,

My ute is getting very close to needing its 3rd set of rubber, it has just clocked 105,000km and is going the best it ever has.

I have been running Maxxis Bighorns in 265-70-17 (10ply) for the past 70,000km without issue, no flats, great wear and other than being VERY noisy a great tyre. This set is the 4th set I have fitted to a variety of my utes and have had a great run, for an off road tyre I would look no further.

However, I am now driving 1,200 km per week, every week on mixed back roads and highway, with no off road stuff day to day. So I want to fit a tyre that will ride better, less noise etc.
I have a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T D697 LT fitted to my Prado (265-60-18R LT) and so far very happy, only done 10,000km but smooth, quiet, capable off road (for what I do) and reasonable price, I am just looking at other options that you guys are happy with.

I can get the Deuler A/T D697 LT in 265-65-17R LT fitted for $245 each, which seems pretty good.

Any other options you guys can recommend I am happy to look at.

I do a little towing with the ute, our van is 2,400kg loaded, so the LT construction is something I like to keep in a tyre.

Thanks to all.

Chris

I have coopers st max. Good tyre on blacktop fairly quite and handle well in the wet. Havnt done any real offroad work yet just some beach bashing and a fire trail in nelsons bay handled sand and loose gravel/mud well. Much better then my old desert dualers used to.

i got hi-fly A/T. great on the road and pretty damn good off road too. gravel/sand and all that is perfect. No complaints. No issues in mud (but havent taken it into the big mud stuff)

Back