08 D22 loosing power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codey

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have had an issue with my 08 d22, once the engine warms up i loose all power, flat out getting over 20/km/h. I thought it could have been a few problems which turns out their not the problem. So far i have put a new turbo on, new maf sensor, new fuel filter done the pedal dance and reset the ecu. Anybody have any idea what could be the cause.
Cheers

First question: once the engine is warm, does it idle well?

Have you blocked the EGR? A 2008 D22 won't have a flow sensor, so a straight blanking plate wouldn't cause any issues with the ECU.

The car starts and idles fine, it seems to be once you power on.

i got a mechanic to block the egr a few weeks back when i got the manifold cleaned, was full of carbon. Out of curiosity i just checked and he hasn’t blocked it.Are you able to by the blank at a store ie repco or is it an online buy

thanks

I went to a local stainless steel fabricator and asked if I could grab a chunk of sheet stainless from his dumpster. I came away with an offcut that allowed me to easily make a duplicate of the gasket that I'd removed, but silly me forgot to put the big hole in the middle.

I placed my gasket on the intake manifold side of the EGR tube, not the exhaust manifold where things are considerably hotter). I used a sheet that was about 1mm thick. We removed it a few months back, the car had done well over 250,000km with the plate in, and the plate looked like new.

You can buy them as well, if you don't enjoy getting out some power tools in the shed. You'd just need to search for your specific engine.

Have an 08 engine in my 09 D22 and no drama but have you checked for any codes? mine was limited in revs when I tried it before everything was hooked up but I then swapped the 08 ECU into the 09 after fully connecting everything back up, I dare say the 09 ECU still has codes on it but only changed so I didn't have to program the injectors.

The car starts and idles fine, it seems to be once you power on.

i got a mechanic to block the egr a few weeks back when i got the manifold cleaned, was full of carbon. Out of curiosity i just checked and he hasn’t blocked it.Are you able to by the blank at a store ie repco or is it an online buy

thanks
Did you check both sides of the EGR to see if he blocked it?

Hey guys, i have had an issue with my 08 d22, once the engine warms up i loose all power, flat out getting over 20/km/h. I thought it could have been a few problems which turns out their not the problem. So far i have put a new turbo on, new maf sensor, new fuel filter done the pedal dance and reset the ecu. Anybody have any idea what could be the cause.
Cheers
I'd say that it's in limp mode. Have you checked the OBD2 codes to see what's happening?

Latest posts

Back