06 stx fuel filter change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
18922-de53076d91782c4e8b9c56c41a70115e.jpg

my car has started to surge badly when accelerating under load. starts and idles fine, takes off normal under light load, as boosts to 21/22psi.
would this be typically a blocked fuel filter, if so, is it an easy process to change the filter?

changed over the fuel filter, then cut the old one apart. the inlet side of the paper filter was jet black and greasy. any idea why it would have gone like that?
20201018_071028[1].jpg

sorry fuel additive (eg overseas they were recommending adding 2 stroke oil to older diesels), or a tank cleaner. personally got caugt out with one of my tractors with tank cleaner , wish i had never done it. it sure did the jobs clogged up my filters (4)

Nice, cape trip... lucky you...

hmmm black as the ace of spades huh fuel bug maybe.?

I've had my pre filter bowl go black like that from the diesel bug, picked it up from the deisel service center with it in the tank! grrr
They had it for two weeks and some how when I picked it up it was full of it! Tank, lines etc shite of a job to clean out.. But I'm betting that's the bug my man, there are treatments though so don't stress...

Siphon a little fuel from the tank and have a look, you'll see it if you have it or not!
Best bet, drop the line at the primary hand pump and siphon from there, then you will definitely get fuel from the bottom of the tank... this bug sticks to the walls of your tank, so either, tank out or bug treatment..

Tell us how you go, all the best!

Nice, cape trip... lucky you...

hmmm black as the ace of spades huh fuel bug maybe.?

I've had my pre filter bowl go black like that from the diesel bug, picked it up from the deisel service center with it in the tank! grrr
They had it for two weeks and some how when I picked it up it was full of it! Tank, lines etc shite of a job to clean out.. But I'm betting that's the bug my man, there are treatments though so don't stress...

Siphon a little fuel from the tank and have a look, you'll see it if you have it or not!
Best bet, drop the line at the primary hand pump and siphon from there, then you will definitely get fuel from the bottom of the tank... this bug sticks to the walls of your tank, so either, tank out or bug treatment..

Tell us how you go, all the best!
hmmm, will have to keep an eye on it. the fuel i drained from the filter was perfectly clear, and not a drop of water!

hmmm, will have to keep an eye on it. the fuel i drained from the filter was perfectly clear, and not a drop of water!
Yeah this stuff is wierd, it's called algie or black algie, it doesn't mix completely with the fuel it's just suspended in the fuel and lives on the walls and in the diesel.. Do another filter change in a few and see.. good luck...

Back